1) Nowadays many individuals in our society behave in an anti-social way such as committing crimes. What are the causes of this? Who should take responsibility for dealing with it?
2) Now people possibly perform everyday task such as banking and shopping, as well as business transaction, without meeting people face to face. Discuss the possible effects on individual and society?
3) Environmental problems are too big for the individual country or individual person to address. We have reached to a stage where the only way to protect environment is at an international level.To what extent do you agree or disagree?
4) We can rely on news to get knowledge nowadays, but some people think that we cannot trust journalists. What is your opinion? What qualities do you think a journalist should have?
5) The best way for a country to prepare for the future is to invest more in young people. To what extent do you agree or disagree? In what ways should the country invest in young people?
6) Everyone can post information on Internet; therefore, most information on the Internet are possibly inaccurate. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
7) Newspaper is the best way to get latest information because it has more influence than other forms of media. Do you agree or disagree?
8) Studies show that the people from the developed countries feel less happiness than before, but the people from the developing countries feel more happiness than before. Why you think it is and what lessons could learn from it.
9) Nowadays human activities have affected plant and animal species. Some people say it is too late to do anything about this issue, while others argue that effective measures can be taken to improve it. Discuss both these views and give your opinion.
10) In some parts of the world, an increasing number of people try to find out the history of their family. What's the reason? Do you think it's a positive or negative development?
11) Surveys show that in many countries, people are living longer but increased life expectancy has many implications for the aging individuals and for society as a whole. What are the possible effects of longer living for individuals and society?
12) Some people think the recent increase in cheap air travel brings benefits, while other people think it has drawbacks to the environment and the world's resources. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
13) Nowadays, distance-learning programs are such common thing for us (the study material by post, by internet), but some people argue that courses can never be taken as good as those by attending in a college or university in person. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
14) In many parts of the world children and teenagers are committing more crimes. Why is this case happening? How should children or teenagers be punished?
15) Society is based on rules and laws. It would not function if individuals are free to do whatever they want to. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
16) Some people think that, by paying taxes, they have made a big enough contribution to society. Others think people have more responsibilities as members of society than only paying taxes. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
17) Some people say parents need to spend time reading or telling stories to Children, while others think Children can read through various sources--book, TV, not by parents,discuss both views and give your opinion.
18) Young people are often influenced in their behavior and situations by others in the same age.This is called"peer group pressure".Do the disadvantages outweigh the advantages?
19) Some people think music plays an important role in society. Others think it is only a form of individual entertainment. Discuss both sides of this argument and give your own opinion.
20) Some people think museums should be enjoyable places to attract and entertain young people. Other think the purpose of museums is to educate, not to entertain. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
21) Fossil fuels, such as coal, oil, natural gas, are used in many countries. But in some countries, the use of alternative sources of energy, including wind and solar power, are encouraged. Is this trend a positive or a negative development?
22) Research suggests that the majority of criminals who are sent to prison would commit crimes when set free. Why do you think is the case? What can be done to solve this problem?
23) Nowadays sending children to boarding school is becoming increasingly popular. What is the reason? Do you think it is a positive development?
24) The development of technology changes the way people connect with each other. In which way does the development of technology change the types of relationships among people? Does it have positive or negative effects on the relationships?
25) Some people think that family life and parents have great influence on children's development, while others consider that external influence plays a more important role in children's life, discuss both views and give your own opinion.
26) Some people say that professional workers such as doctors, nurses and teachers who make greater contribution to the society should be paid more than those people in the field of sports and entertainment. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
27) Nowadays, people always throw the old things away when they buy new things; whereas in the past, old things were repaired and used again. What factors cause this phenomenon? What effects the phenomenon leads to?
28) Some people support the developments in agriculture such as factory farming and creations of new types of fruits and vegetables, while others oppose this view. Discuss both views and give your opinion.